Happy World Nutella DAY!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Nutella:
- Nutella, a chocolate & hazelnut spread, outsells ALL brands of peanut butter worldwide
- Hazelnuts were originally used as an inexpensive filler. sales increased and soon became it’s trademark flavor.
- In the aftermath of World War 2 Italian stores offered a service called “smearing”, which allowed local children to bring in a slice of bread on which they could have some Nutella spread.
- In Europe the Nutella jar is usually made of glass, whereas in North America it is made of plastic.
- One jar of Nutella is sold every 2.5 seconds worldwide.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1872 Lafayette Benedict Mendel was born. An American biochemist who published various papers on nutrition. His work on vitamins and proteins helped establish modern concepts about nutrition.
- 1884 Willis Johnson of Cincinnati, Ohio, received a patent for an egg beater.
View original post 26 more words