With University behind me, and entering the world of work my weeks have begun to get slightly more hectic. Usually my weekends are jammed packed, full of extra studying, or driving lessons (yes, I am finally taking my lessons!). Sometimes, the stresses of daily life can keep me from taking time to refocus, refresh and relax. Stress does stink! It can cause health problems, as well as completely run you down. So taking some time out for yourself is a definite must.
To unwind, I like to do a few things to help calm my nerves. Even if I’m taking a mid-day break these tasks allow me bounce back immediately. They also stop my mind from racing, which gets me one step closer to a better night’s sleep.
Burning Incense or Candles- Certain scents are known to relax the body. If you’re experiencing muscle strain, headaches, or have a scattered attention span, these aromas will steer you back on track. They have been known to alleviate pain and banish any bad vibes. I currently have this diffuser set, and I am in LOVE. I have a sensitive nose, and the scent is subtle yet powerful enough to gently fragrance my room. It is delightful and refreshing.
Writing – Maya Angelou once said, “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.” Writing is just one simple way to relieve your mind. You don’t always have to tell others; you can document your own experiences or scribble things down just for yourself.
Cooking– If there is one thing I love to do, it’s cooking. As you guys may have noticed, I have been absent from this blog for a while and the explanation is simple. I’ve started a new project – Yummy Feed, a blog all about my foodie adventures across the UK and abroad and even, my own home cooking. If there is something I love, it’s getting my hands dirty and learning some family recipes.
Reading a good book – Nothing can beat a good book at the end of the day. Even better, is reading a good book while curled up in bed. So what am I currently reading? The River of Smoke by Amitav Ghosh. The second book in it’s series it tells the story of the treacherous journey across the Indian Ocean, bound for the cane fields of Mauritius with a cargo of indentured servants. This story rings close to my heart because they too, made this journey to Mauritius oh so many years ago.
In celebration of Spring’s arrival next month and a little treat for you to unwind, I’ve decided to run a small give away in partnership with House of Fraser! I have a delightful Moroccan Rose diffuser set to give away to a lucky UK reader worth £25 from The House of Fraser Home Dept. This diffuser set has a fresh, floral blend of sweet peony blossom and lily of the valley. Perfect to freshen up any home, and help you de-stress.
This give away will end 23.03.15 at midnight. It is only open to UK residents. In order to enter this competition, you will need to write a comment below on your favourite Spring time scent.
Just follow this link to enter:
Terms and Conditions:
- The giveaway prize is as mentioned in the post and will be sent directly as a free delivery to the winner by House of Fraser, I will accept no responsibility for any disputes.
- Please allow a minimum of 28 days for delivery of the prize, which may reach earlier or later and is the sole responsibility of House of Fraser.
- The prize is as stated: no cash alternatives are available.
- The winner will be notified within 7 days of the closing date. Winners names will be announced on this blog post and by me via Twitter. If you are declared as the winner you agree and allow me to pass on your details, and agree and allow House of Fraser and myself to contact you to notify you in case you win.
- If the the winners fail to respond within 7 days then another winner will be chosen.